Michael A. Morris was born in Winston Salem, North Carolina.
Mike was named Best Orange County Lawyer of the Year in 2013 by Best Lawyers in America/US News and World Report. He has been listed as one of the Best Lawyers in America by Best Lawyers in America/US News and World Report since 2007.
He graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles (B.A.) and Western State University (J.D.). He was admitted to the Bar in the State of California, and has been named a Certified Specialist in Family Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Morris is a Partner and limits his practice to Family Law.
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A.)
- Western State University (J.D.)
- State Bar of California
Awards & Honors
- AV Peer Review Rated (the highest rating) by Martindale.com
- AVVO Rated 10 out of 10 (Superb)
- Best Lawyers in America - "Orange County Family Lawer of the Year" for 2013
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America since 2007
- Listed as a Super Lawyer since 2004
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matriomonial Lawyers.
- Serves on the Board of Directors of Human Options whose mission it is to break the cycle of domestic violence.
- Member of the Orange County Bar Association.
- Member of the State Bar of California.
- Founding Fellow of the Society of Fellows of the Orange County Bar Foundation.
- Elected to the AAML Board of Directors (2007 - 2012)
- Past President of teh Southern California Section of the American Academy of Matriomonial Lawyers (2012 - 2013)
- Mr. Morris frequently lectures for the Public Law Center of Orange County on Family Law issues.
- Served as Co-dean for the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Fourteenth Annual Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Continuing Education courses on Fundamentals of Family Law
- “Me and My Shadow (Partner and Associates)” (American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers)
- Family Law for Social Workers, Counselors and Other Helping Professionals
- Child Custody and Visitation in California
- Recent Developments in Family Law (California Education of the Bar)
Articles & Publications
- Co-authored Ethical Issues Involving Minor’s Counsel, published in the O.C. Lawyer
- Marriage of Schulze (1997) 60 Cal.App.4th 519.