Kevin J. Mooney has over 17 years of family law practice and litigation experience. Born and raised in Southern California, Kevin graduated from Pepperdine University School of Law (J.D.), California State University Northridge (M.P.A.), California Lutheran University (M.B.A. Financial Planning) and California State University Northridge (B.A., English Writing). Kevin is also a graduate of the Georgetown Law eDiscovery Training Academy and the Michael Arkfeld Professional Education Course on eDiscovery and Digital Evidence. Kevin has a Black Belt in American Tang Soo Do Karate.
Kevin limits his practice to Orange County Family Law matters.
- California State University Northridge (B.A. English Writing cum laude)
- Pepperdine University School of Law (J.D.)
- California Lutheran University (M.B.A. Financial Planning)
- California State University Northridge (M.P.A. with distinction)
- eDiscovery Training Academy, Georgetown University Law Center, 2015
- eDiscovery and Digital Evidence Training Course, Arkfeld eDiscovery Education Center, 2015
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Hawaii
Awards & Honors
- Certified Specialist in Family Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Rated 10 out of 10 on AVVO.com
- Recipient of AVVO.com’s Client Choice Award
- AV Preeminent and Peer Review Rated by Martindale.com
- Named to National Top One Percent by National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Executive Committee of the Law Practice Management and Technology Section for the State Bar of California.
- Member Board of Directors Orange County Chapter of Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Member Benefits Committee State Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Served with the California State Bar Board of Legal Specialization for Family Law
- Served on the Executive Committee of the San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Member Orange County, Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and San Fernando Valley Bar Associations
- Society of Fellows Orange County Bar Foundation
Family Law Speaking / Teaching
Lead Presenter / Co-Producer at eEducation Seminars
- “ESI 2.0- Managing Electronically Stored Information and e-Discovery in Family Law” Levitt & Quinn/ACFLS, Malibu, CA (November 19, 2016).
- “Checking In” on Electronic Evidence in the Courtroom” LACBA 38th Annual Child Custody Colloquium, Universal City, CA (October 15, 2016).
- “Special Needs and Electronic Evidence in Custody Litigation” LACBA Minor’s Counsel Training Program, Los Angeles, CA (October 8, 2016).
- “The Digital Dilemma - Use of ESI in Family Law” The State Bar of California 89th Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA (October 1, 2016).
- “Full Inclusion of Special Needs and Electronic Evidence in Family Law Litigation” AAML Retreat, Laguna Beach, CA (June 16, 2016).
- “The 800 Megabyte Gorilla in the Courtroom: Syncing Electronically Stored Information with Custody Litigation” AFCC Conference, Seattle, WA (June 4, 2016).
- “Disturbing the Peace in an Electronic Age – Redefining ‘Abuse’ Under the DVPA” LACBA’s 48rd Annual Family Law Symposium, Universal City, CA (May 14, 2016).
- “ESI Made Simple for Every Case” ACFLS Orange County Chapter, Costa Mesa, CA (April 15, 2016).
- “Text, Mobile Devices and Internet: The TMI of ESI in Family Law Litigation” SFVBA Family Law Section, Encino, CA (March 28, 2016).
- “The 800 Megabyte Gorilla in the Courtroom: Effective Integration of ESI & Social Media in Custody” AFCC Conference, San Francisco, CA (February 21, 2016)
- “From Consult to Trial: Demystifying the Preservation, Collection and Presentation of ESI in Family Law” Levitt & Quinn/ACFLS, Hollywood, CA (December 5, 2015).
- “Examining the Burdens and Benefits of Electronically Stored Information in Family Law Matters” Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Orange County, CA (October 21, 2015).
- “ESI in Family Law: Our Digital Dilemma,” LACBA Family Law Newsletter, Volume 16, Number 5 (August/September, 2016), Co-Authored with Cari M. Pines, CFLS.
- “ESI - The 800 Megabyte Gorilla in the Family Law Courtroom,” LACBA Family Law E-News, Volume 6, Number 2(August, 2015), Co-Authored with Cari M. Pines, CFLS.
- Marriage of Mclaughlin (2000) 82 Cal. App. 4th 327.