Achieving Our Clients’ Objectives, Efficiently And Strategically
Hire The Firm Lawyers Hire
Jonathan T. Little is an attorney with Minyard Morris, a family law firm in Newport Beach, California. Board-certified as a specialist in family law by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Little has more than 17 years of legal experience, and he provides outstanding representation, advice and support to clients throughout Orange County who are going through a divorce or other family law issues.
With both litigation and transactional experience in the first decade of his legal career, Mr. Little is uniquely situated to handle the diverse aspects of family law. He has achieved considerable success helping his clients make the best-informed financial and custody decisions that will affect their families for years to come, while also aggressively representing them in Court (when the circumstances of their case warrant it).
Mr. Little's early practice was in the banking finance industry in matters of regulatory compliance and securities offerings. Subsequently, but before joining Minyard Morris, he practiced state and federal litigation in matters of bad faith insurance, employment and contract disputes, real property litigation, and personal injury actions on both the plaintiff and the defense side. His high-stakes civil-litigation experience, combined with complex securities and financial transaction experience, add unique insight to the advice and recommendations he gives his clients. Mr. Little now limits his practice to family law matters in Orange County. His success in family law is measured not only in terms of the number of trials and contested hearings on nearly every focus area in Family Law, but also in the number of successful resolutions leading to stipulated Judgments or Orders. These earned him the designation of a certified specialist in the minimum time permitted by The State Bar (i.e. 5 years), and he has continued to build upon that foundation since.
Mr. Little has also received several commendations for his pro bono and volunteer work for the poor and disadvantaged, including serving as a Board Member for Community Legal Aid SoCal, volunteering with pro bono legal clinics, and a perennial volunteer for the Constitutional Rights Foundation mock trial competition. On the weekends, he also finds time to volunteer with his community in local youth sports, including coaching and refereeing.
Mr. Little earned his Bachelor of Arts degree at Point Loma Nazarene University (summa cum laude) and his Juris Doctor at American University, Washington College of Law in Washington, D.C. While in D.C., he interned for the U.S. Agency for International Development in the Litigation and Enforcement Division, and also participated in a fellowship in the Office of The Curator of the Supreme Court of the United States. During his undergraduate studies, Jon studied abroad at the Nizhni-Novgorod State University in Russia, after previously serving as a full-time English teacher for a public school in Moscow. He is admitted to practice before all Superior Courts in the State of California as well as the U.S. District Court for the Southern and Central Districts of California as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
- Juris Doctor
- Point Loma Nazarene University, San Diego, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: History
- National Family Law Trial Institute’s Advanced Business Valuation Program, Houston, Texas
- National Family Law Trial Institute’s Advanced Cross-Examination Program, Houston, Texas
- National Family Law Trial Institute’s Core Family Lawyer Skills Program (2017), Houston, Texas
- Community Legal Aid SoCal - Board Member
- William P. Gray Legion American Lex Inn of Court
- Orange County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Pro Bono Guardianship Clinic Volunteer - Orange County Bar Association/Public Law Center
- Pro Bono Community Legal Clinic Volunteer - Orange County Korean American Bar Association
- Constitutional Rights Foundation – Mock Trial Judge
- AYSO Region 889 Referee Administrator, Coach Administrator, Coach and Referee
- Family Law
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeal 9th Circuit
- U.S. Agency for International Development in the Litigation and Enforcement Division, Intern
- Office of The Curator of the Supreme Court of the United States, Fellowship
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Specialist in Family Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization