Why Minyard Morris?
When you need to retain a law firm for your Orange County Family Law matter, you have a number of options. What distinguishes Minyard Morris?
Family Law Practice Areas
- Breach of Fiduciary Duties
- Business Valuation
- Characterization and Division of Complex Assets
- Characterization and Equitable Apportionment
- Child Custody and Child Visitation
- Child Support
- Community Right to Reimbursement for a Portion of the Increase in Value of a Separate Property Business
- Deferred Compensation, Plan Valuation, and Characterization
- Divorce Litigation
- Domestic Violence
- Enforcement of Orders
- Modification of Orders - Post-Judgment
- Retirement Plan Valuation and Characterization
- Separate Property Tracing
- Spousal Support
- Stock Option Characterization and Apportionment
- Validity of Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Michael A. Morris is named Best Lawyers in America Orange County Family Lawyer of the Year (2018). He received the same designation in 2013.
- Minyard Morris Announcement - Matthew S. Buttacavoli Named Partner
- Michael A. Morris Speaks at the ACFLS Trial Tech: Trial Technique Training Workshop at Whittier Law School (2017)
Family Law Resources
Family Law Process and Procedure
Family Law Infographics
Family Law Case Updates
- In Determining Child Support, a Parent May Be Credited with Time the Parent is Not Physically with the Child, if They Have Primary Physical Responsibility of the Child.
- Child Support Is Not Always Set At The Guideline Amount
- The Divorce Court Does Not Have Jurisdiction To Order A Parent To Create A Trust Account As A Form Of Child Support Payments
- A Divorce Court Should Not Calculate The Purported Rental Value Of A Mortgage-Free House As Non-Taxable Income For The Purpose Of Calculating Child Support But Should Instead Consider The Mortgage-Free Housing Value As A Special Circumstance.
- A Divorce Court Must Use A Representative Period Of Time In Determining A Party’s Disposable Income.
- A Divorce Court Cannot Determine A Child Support Order Based On Including Prior Cash Advances As Current Income.
Family Law Self Help
We have compiled an online resource to assist you with your family law matter if you choose not to retain a lawyer.