Why Minyard Morris?
When you need to retain a law firm for your Orange County Family Law matter, you have a number of options. What distinguishes Minyard Morris?
Family Law Practice Areas
- Breach of Fiduciary Duties
- Business Valuation
- Characterization and Division of Complex Assets
- Characterization and Equitable Apportionment
- Child Custody and Child Visitation
- Child Support
- Community Right to Reimbursement for a Portion of the Increase in Value of a Separate Property Business
- Deferred Compensation, Plan Valuation, and Characterization
- Divorce Litigation
- Domestic Violence
- Enforcement of Orders
- Modification of Orders - Post-Judgment
- Retirement Plan Valuation and Characterization
- Separate Property Tracing
- Spousal Support
- Stock Option Characterization and Apportionment
- Validity of Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Matthew S. Buttacavoli was recognized as a “Superhero of Tustin” by the Tustin Community Foundation for his work as a Director on the Board of Directors of Veteran’s Legal Institute (April 2018).
- Kevin Mooney, associate, recently co-authored an article in ACFLS Family Law Specialist, the official publication of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Michael A. Morris receives the 2018 OneOC "Spirit of Volunteerism" award for 2018.
Family Law Resources
Family Law Process and Procedure
Family Law Infographics
Family Law Case Updates
- A Default Divorce Should not be Granted Where Either Service is Improper, a Party’s Attorney Fails to Represent Him or Her Where a Party’s Attorney Takes Unfair Advantage of the Other Side
- A Couple’s Date Of Separation Occurs When Either Of The Parties Does Not Intend To Resume The Marriage And His Or Her Actions Signal The Finality Of The Marital Relationship
- Where A Divorce Court Departs From Guideline Child Support, The Court Must Justify The Reasoning In Writing Or On The Record
- A Spouse May Not Sue Former Spouse For Breach Of Promise To Marry In Civil Courts. The Divorce Court Has Jurisdiction To Divide Property Associated With The Marriage
- Only Evidence After The Initial Divorce Judgment Is To Be Considered In Determining A “Material Change In Circumstances” In Regards To Spousal Support
- Where One Spouse Can Afford To Continue A Standard Of Living Consistent With That Enjoyed During The Marriages, That Spouse May Be Required To Pay Support If It Would Not Significantly Lower than The Payor Spouse’s Standard Of Living
Family Law Self Help
We have compiled an online resource to assist you with your family law matter if you choose not to retain a lawyer.