Why Minyard Morris?
When you need to retain a law firm for your Orange County Family Law matter, you have a number of options. What distinguishes Minyard Morris?
Family Law Practice Areas
- Breach of Fiduciary Duties
- Business Valuation
- Characterization and Division of Complex Assets
- Characterization and Equitable Apportionment
- Child Custody and Child Visitation
- Child Support
- Community Right to Reimbursement for a Portion of the Increase in Value of a Separate Property Business
- Deferred Compensation, Plan Valuation, and Characterization
- Divorce Litigation
- Domestic Violence
- Enforcement of Orders
- Modification of Orders - Post-Judgment
- Retirement Plan Valuation and Characterization
- Separate Property Tracing
- Spousal Support
- Stock Option Characterization and Apportionment
- Validity of Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Matthew S. Buttacavoli was recognized as a “Superhero of Tustin” by the Tustin Community Foundation for his work as a Director on the Board of Directors of Veteran’s Legal Institute (April 2018).
- Kevin Mooney, associate, recently co-authored an article in ACFLS Family Law Specialist, the official publication of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Michael A. Morris receives the 2018 OneOC "Spirit of Volunteerism" award for 2018.
Family Law Resources
Family Law Process and Procedure
Family Law Infographics
Family Law Case Updates
- Reduction in Employment Income Alone Does Not Constitute a Material Change in Circumstances for Child Support Where a Parent Has Other Income Producing Assets and the Ability to Pay
- The Court of Appeal in Orange County Ruled That Husband Breached His Fiduciary Duty to Wife When He Made an Undisclosed and Unauthorized Contribution of Community Funds to a Self-Directed Trading Account
- The Court of Appeal in Orange County Ruled That the Divorce Court May Order a Spouse to Pay or Deliver Property to a Third Party to Ensure Payment to the Other Spouse is Effectuated
- The Court of Appeal in Orange County Ruled That Only Slight Evidence is Necessary to Bifurcate to the Issue of Marital Status
- A Divorce Court May Exclude Recurrent Gifts from Income for Calculating Child Support Where the Gifts Come from a Non-Family Member and the Party Does Not Work for the Gift
- A Default Divorce Should not be Granted Where (1) Service is Improper, (2) a Party’s Attorney Fails to Represent Him or Her, or (3) Where a Party’s Attorney Takes Unfair Advantage of the Other Side
Family Law Self Help
We have compiled an online resource to assist you with your family law matter if you choose not to retain a lawyer.