Why Minyard Morris?
When you need to retain a law firm for your Orange County Family Law matter, you have a number of options. What distinguishes Minyard Morris?
Family Law Practice Areas
- Breach of Fiduciary Duties
- Business Valuation
- Characterization and Division of Complex Assets
- Characterization and Equitable Apportionment
- Child Custody and Child Visitation
- Child Support
- Community Right to Reimbursement for a Portion of the Increase in Value of a Separate Property Business
- Deferred Compensation, Plan Valuation, and Characterization
- Divorce Litigation
- Domestic Violence
- Enforcement of Orders
- Modification of Orders - Post-Judgment
- Retirement Plan Valuation and Characterization
- Separate Property Tracing
- Spousal Support
- Stock Option Characterization and Apportionment
- Validity of Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements
- Kevin Mooney, associate, recently co-authored an article in ACFLS Family Law Specialist, the official publication of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists
- Michael A. Morris receives the 2018 OneOC "Spirit of Volunteerism" award for 2018.
- Michael A. Morris is named Best Lawyers in America Orange County Family Lawyer of the Year (2018). He received the same designation in 2013.
Family Law Resources
Family Law Process and Procedure
Family Law Infographics
Family Law Case Updates
- In Determining Whether Spousal Support Will Continue A Divorce Court May Consider The Totality Of The Circumstances.
- A Lump-Sum Severance Payment Is Not To Be Considered Compensation That Is Allocated To A Single Month By A Divorce Court.
- Incentive Stock Options And Non-Qualified Stock Options Are Considered Part Of Parent’s Total Compensation Package For Support Determination Purposes.
- Unrealized Expectations Of Becoming Self-Sufficient May Constitute A “Change Of Circumstances.”
- A Divorce Court May Consider All The Circumstances Affecting A Spouse In Determining An Appropriate Spousal Support Award.
- If A Spouse Fails To Or Delays In Seeking Gainful Employment, A Divorce Court May Deny A Request To Increase A Spousal Support Order.
Family Law Self Help
We have compiled an online resource to assist you with your family law matter if you choose not to retain a lawyer.