Michael A. Morris was born in Winston Salem, North Carolina.
Michael was named Best Orange County Lawyer of the Year in 2013 by Best Lawyers in America. He has been listed as one of the Best Lawyers in America by Best Lawyers in America Orange County – Family Law since 2007.
He graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles (B.A.) and Western State University (J.D.). He is a Certified Specialist in Family Law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Michael is a Partner at Minyard Morris and limits his practice to Orange County Family Law matters.
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A.)
- Western State University (J.D.)
- State Bar of California
Awards & Honors
- AV Peer Review Rated (the highest rating) by Martindale.com
- AVVO Rated 10 out of 10 (Superb) - Orange County Family Law
- Best Lawyers in America - "Orange County Family Lawler of the Year" for 2013
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America each year since 2007 - Orange County Family Law
- Listed as a Super Lawyer each year since 2004 - Orange County Family Law
- Co-Chair of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Family Law Spring Retreat (2016)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers.
- Serves on the Board of Directors of Human Options whose mission it is to break the cycle of domestic violence.
- Member of the Orange County Bar Association.
- Member of the State Bar of California.
- Founding Fellow of the Society of Fellows of the Orange County Bar Foundation.
- Elected to the AAML Board of Directors (2007 - 2012)
- Past President of the Southern California Section of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (2012 - 2013)
Family Law Speaking / Teaching
- Michael A. Morris moderates a panel of Orange and Los Angeles County judges at "As Family Court Judges See It: Top Mistakes Attorneys Make In Litigation Divorce" Seminar.
- Served as Co-dean of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Fourteenth Annual Institute of Family Law Trial Advocacy
- Serves at the Monthly Human Options Family Law Clinic
- Continuing Education courses on Fundamentals of Family Law
- “Me and My Shadow (Partner and Associates)” (American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers)
- Family Law for Social Workers, Counselors and Other Helping Professionals
- Child Custody and Visitation in California Family Law
- Recent Developments in California Family Law (California Education of the Bar)
- Family Law Issues for Public Law Center of Orange County
Articles & Publications
- Co-authored Ethical Issues Involving Minor’s Counsel in Family Law, published in the O.C. Lawyer
Reported Family Law Cases
- Marriage of Schulze (1997) 60 Cal.App.4th 519.